The Perfect Valentine’s Day Treat
Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
Our favorite winter go-to appetizer
These bacon wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates are one of my go-to appetizers when having a small get together or a romantic evening home, so they are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. I have yet to find anyone that didn’t love these savory and slightly sweet bites. The best part is that they are super easy to put together and almost always gets oohs and awes when I set them out. They also go fast, so make a few more than you think you need!
Here’s the recipe…hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day! XOXO
- 24 Dried Dates (I like Medjool)
- 12 slices of thin bacon (I prefer hickory smoked)
- About 6 ounces of goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make a lengthwise cut in each date and remove the pit.
- Using a spoon stuff each date with a little goat cheese.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each date with bacon, making sure to keep the seam side of the bacon on the bottom.
- Arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined raised edge baking sheet, again, making sure to keep the seam side of the bacon on the bottom. Bake for 18-20 minutes, the bacon should be just cooked through, don’t let it get too done. Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Place a toothpick in each date and transfer to serving tray.